Rabanada (Brazilian-style French toast) 🤤🍞
What is one of the best dishes of a Brazilian Xmas? RABANADA.
Rabanada is a type of French toast that became popular due to a religious connection during Catholic celebrations such as lent and Easter.
In Brazil is a Christmas dinner staple and can be a great way to avoid bread waste.
In our version, we used brioche, but you can also use any stale bread you have around.
Slices of brioche or stale bread
300ml of milk
Olive oil or any other oil to fry
Icing sugar and cinnamon
1. Beat the eggs with the milk.
2. Get ready a flat pan with the oil of your preference and heat to fry the bread (be careful not to burn it).
3. Soak the bread slices in the egg and milk mix.
4. Then fry it straight away, turning it when one side is already golden in colour.
5. When ready, remove from the pan and drain with a paper towel.
6. Sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon.
7. Serve by itself or with a sauce such as dulce de leche, honey or chocolate.
8. Tip: if you are using KeenTown's Doce 'Deleite', mix it with a bit of cream to make it more liquid, like a sauce.